Anjali provides private one-on-one SAT exam tutoring for high school students (also contact me for SAT Math subject tests and ACT). Her instruction is highly individualized and addresses students’ unique educational needs and goals. Tutoring covers all subjects of the test and instruction in only one subject area (reading or math) is available. She also tutors students in special education.
For all tutoring inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 412-897-0809 (no texts).
Anjali believes in understanding people holistically and values a student’s unique way of learning and integrating subject matter. Her goal is to combine the student’s learning style with her knowledge and teaching approach to build solid competency and understanding. Along with tutoring, she provides valuable mentor support where students and parents/guardians can express their concerns, anxieties and questions about the test at any time.
Important Information for Students and Parents/Guardians:
- You must sign up for a minimum of 8 sessions for a total of 12 hours of tutoring for all subjects of the SAT. Each session is 1.5 hour long. Twelve hours is what I have found to be a sufficient amount of time to make solid improvements. A minimum of 6 hours of tutoring is required for tutoring in only one subject area.
- Homework is assigned at each session and is expected to be finished before the next session because the homework is an integral and essential part of the learning process. Homework may take anywhere between one to three hours outside of sessions.
- It is best to start tutoring at least two months before the test you are planning to take so that we are not rushed; however, I can accommodate you and work in less time if needed.
- The majority of tutoring is now done via Skype but if we meet in person, it is at a location that is convenient for everyone. I do not travel to students’ homes.
- A one page contract must be signed by everyone before we begin so that expectations around the tutoring process are clear.
12 hour package (8 sessions) for all subjects of the SAT:
- $1000 via Skype
- $1140 in person (travel included)
6 hour package (4 sessions) for one subject area:
- $500 via Skype
- $570 in person (travel included)
Payment in full is due before the first session. No exceptions apply.
“Getting 1-on-1 tutoring with Anjali was the best decision I made regarding my SATs! She really helped me focus on my weak spots and strengthen them with pro tips and methods to make test taking much easier. Math was my weakest subject and Anjali took the time to sit down with me and go over almost every math problem I was having trouble with. Even with the ones I could solve by myself, she told me other ways to solve it so it could possibly save time, and I would make less careless mistakes. My SAT score improved only because of her. I am so grateful to have worked with her! – Ritika N.
“I studied with Anjali when I needed to get my SAT scores up. As long as you are willing to put in the work at the sessions, she really can help you grasp and understand the concepts of any subject. I was able to get all three of my scores up and get into the school that I wanted. I couldn’t have been more pleased of my time with her!” – Steve S.
“Working with Anjali was such a great experience! She tutored me for the SAT math section and the SAT II Math level 2 subject test. After several sessions, I was able to increase my SAT math score to 700 and earn an 800 on the Math II SAT subject test. I’m very grateful that I had the opportunity to work with Anjali, as my test scores will be a huge benefit on my college applications this year!” – Paige H.
“I studied with Anjali for several weeks in order to improve my SAT score. Before I contacted Anjali, I had taken the SATs once and was displeased with my score. After her great tutoring I was able to improve my score by several hundred points which allowed me to get accepted to some of my top choice schools. She not only makes sure that you understand the material completely but also provides some tips to get around the funky questions that are there to trick you. She also understands peoples strengths and weaknesses. For example, I scored significantly higher on the math portion of the test compared to the other two. Due to this, we spent more time on the writing and reading and less time on the math because that was what I needed the most help with. She will challenge you and she will expect that you pay full attention during the meetings, however it truly is worth it in the end.” – Devon C.
“Anjali Soi tutored me for about four months and my SAT scores due to her tutoring improved drastically. With Anjali’s help, I felt more prepared than I ever was for the SAT test. It truly shows because my overall SAT scores improved by over 200 points. The work Anjali provides is no walk in the park. She will challenge you and expect you to perform at your very best at all times. However, the work is worth the reward. Anjali covers all topics that appear on the SAT which I felt gave me a better understanding of the test and made me more confident when taking it. Anjali was one of the most helpful tutors I have had yet and if you are looking to significantly increase your SAT scores, Anjali would be the person you’re looking for.” – Joey F.